Thursday, February 21, 2013

My World

I will be enbarking on a very exciting journey to Morocco in two weeks which I will be sharing with my students, friends, and any one who is interested.


 

I am currently teaching Social Studies at Miami Carol City Sr. High, where there is never a dull moment. My students keep me on my toes and I can always count on them to give me a reason to laugh out loud.

  



My school is a very large High School and we serve a predominantly African American population. My students are actively involved in many extracurricular activities ranging from the Educational Excellence and Advisory Council, the Ecology Club, football, cheerleading, and the band.


 
 

5 comments:

  1. Great Post, I look forward to hearing about your amazing trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what do they do for fun?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tonight we went to eat pizza and a group of men were gathered watching soccer, which is something they commonly do. I have also seen people just hanging out in the parks and public places and they have told us that they also go to the beach.

      Delete
  3. what types of animals to they have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far I have seen cranes (a type of bird) and cats everywhere. I have also seen sheep and we have been eating beef for dinner as well as chinken so I am sure they have those, as far as more exotic animals perhaps when I am on the 7 hour bus ride I will see some.

      Delete